Friday, January 13, 2012

A little about me

OK,

I'll tell you exactly how this works.
I was born a female. First I was a girl and now I am a woman.

Being a woman or a girl has pros and cons.

But I am focused here on one con:
the beauty obsession/opression/depression

At some point.....
I don't know when and I'm not about to find out

Women had to start looking good at all times.
Looking good increases their value,
looking bad decreases their value.

Unfortunately,
this turns us women against each other.
We may claim til we are blue in the face that we are not jealous of the prettiest girls,
nor are we insecure,
but most of us certainly are.

And the ones of us that aren't are probably so evolved and comfortable within their own skin that they were sweat pants, practical shoes, don't color their hair and don't wear makeup.

I will share my ridiculous insecurities here.
I will be open and honest about them because this blog is anonymous.

No comments:

Post a Comment